Please join me on Tuesday, December 5, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave. All community members are welcome.
- City Manager’s Report
- Downtown Evanston Report – Holiday Events
- Staff Presentation: Downtown Development – Process & Projects
- Police Report – Panhandling Issues
- Fire Report
Click the link below for the developer presentation from the October 24 Community Meeting on 1621 Chicago Avenue.
Community Meeting Presentation (8.6mb PDF)
Alderman Fiske will host a special 1st Ward meeting to present preliminary plans for a mixed-use, multi-family residential development at 1621 Chicago Avenue.
Meeting Date and Location:
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Crystal Ballroom at The Merion, 1611 Chicago Avenue
Horizon Realty Group, the owner of The Merion Senior Living Community, will be filing for a Zoning Analysis to construct a 25-story multi-family residential building with 215 dwelling units and 149 parking spaces. The proposed development would also include 3,691 square feet of ground floor commercial space.
Please join me on Tues., Sept. 5, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave. All community members are welcome.
Agenda items include:
- Presentation on Proposed Downtown Performing Arts Center Project
- Update on Library Parking Lot Project
- Community Development Update – Use of coUrbanize for Information on 1450-1508 Sherman Avenue, and Other Projects Updates
- Public Works Update – Fountain Square and Sheridan Road Projects
- Mather Crosswalk
- Police Department Update
Please join me on Tuesday, June 6, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave. All community members are welcome.
- City Manager’s Report
- Police & Fire Reports
- Downtown Evanston Report
- Discussion: Planning and Zoning – the Future of our Downtown, Johanna Nyden Leonard, Community Development Director
In September 2016, the City Council directed the Parks and Recreation Board and the Lighthouse Landing Complex Committee to develop a plan for the future operation of the Harley Clarke property. Since November, a planning committee comprised of members of these two groups has been meeting monthly with interested residents to discuss proposals for the property. The committee has focused in particular on the proposal for an environmental education center developed by Evanston Lakehouse and Gardens.
Plan to join us on Wednesday, April 26, 7 – 9 p.m., in the Parasol Room, 4th floor, Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave., for a presentation about the proposed environmental education center and the financial plan behind it — and share your thoughts about this important community asset.